Sunday 26 December 2010

Upcoming Travels and Donating.



After 5 years working with NGOs in the UK, and having completed a postgraduate certificate in Conflict Resolution I have been invited to work in Mundri, in Southern Sudan, from early February to mid July, to undertake peace work with the Mundri Relief and Development Association.You can find out more about MRDA here http://mundridevelopment.org/. My volunteer role will come under the auspices of the new Centre for Peace and Democracy Studies being launched by MRDA. To read more about the context of this work please check out the post 'Why Sudan?' above.

Southern Sudan has a high and volatile cost of living which can shift at short notice, thus it is relatively difficult to budget for staying there. I will be working for almost half a year with no pay. Accomodation in Mundri, daily meals in Mundri and local travel will be provided by MRDA. I am covering all other costs including international travel, insurance, medication and other contingencies myself from my personal savings and am asking family, friends and benevolent parties who are in a position to do so to chip in and help lighten the strain on my bank account a little.

If you are able to and would like to contribute please use the button below or on the toolbar to do so. I will do my best to acknowledge and thank all contributors directly and include you in all correspondence bringing updates from my time with MRDA. If you do not wish to recieve further information please do let me know. Likewise if you can't help out but want to know more please do get in touch.

Thank you in advance for your support and generosity!

Derek Oakley









No comments: